What to Buy on Sale Each Month
Timing can be everything, especially when it comes to finding the best deals on your favorite products. When you know the best time to buy, you can plan your purchases better and keep more of your hard-earned money in your Premier Bank account. Each month there are certain products that go on sale and not all of them are what you’d expect. If you’re looking to save on your next grill, mattress, TV and so much more, read on to save big.
Best Products to Buy in January
- White Sales: The best time to buy linens like sheets, blankets and towels is during the January White Sales.
- Exercise Equipment: New Year’s Resolutions make January the best time to buy exercise equipment like treadmills and elliptical machines.
- Electronics: The Consumer Electronics Show in January, as well as the Super Bowl, helps reduce the price of cameras, TVs, tablets and electronics as the new models are released.
Love Those February Sales
- Mattress: President’s Day sales make this month one of the best times to buy a mattress. Experts recommend replacing your mattress every 7-10 years.
- Chocolate, Steak and Seafood: Look for discounts on this love trifecta right after Valentine’s Day.
- Weddings: In most areas, winter starts the off-season for weddings, so take advantage of discounts offered on everything from the dress to the venue and more.
- Tax Prep Software and Services: Early bird tax filers will find sales of 30-50 percent off during the month of February.
- Winter Appliances and Clothes: Hit up the end-of-winter sales to get great deals on winter clothes, sports gear, heaters and humidifiers.
- New Furniture and Appliances: New models begin rolling out in February, which makes this the best time to buy last year’s furniture and appliance models.
March Forward with Great Discounts
- Exercise Equipment: Did you stick to your New Year’s resolutions? Neither did most people. That’s why exercise equipment goes on sale during March.
- Digital Cameras: New digital cameras are announced at the beginning of the year, and are released a few months later, which makes March one of the best months to buy a digital camera.
- Boats: Boat-show season is almost over, which makes this a great time to buy a boat.
- Golf Clubs: Last year’s golf clubs go on sale in March to tee up the new models. If you’re planning on improving your game, March is the best time to do so for less.
- Luggage: Last year’s suitcases are on sale in March to make room for the upcoming travel season, so March is the time plan that spring break getaway in style.
Shower Yourself in April Deals
- Car Supplies: April is National Car Care Month, which makes it the best time to buy car parts, tires, and car services. If you’ve been putting off that investment in tires, make April the month to get rolling.
- Vacuums and Cleaning Supplies: Spring cleaning is in the air, which makes April the best time to buy a vacuum, carpet, flooring and other cleaning supplies.
- Outdoor Items: It’s almost time to get the lawn ready and think of warmer days ahead, so April is a great month to get the best deals on a pressure washer, air conditioner, lawn mower, tractor, cordless drill, tools and gas grill.
You May Love These Great May Sales
- Home Improvements: Before you sit down and enjoy the lazy days of summer, tackle that home improvement project in May. Supplies like stains, interior and exterior paints, cookware and home goods go on sale. If you have equity in your home, consider funding your project with a Home Equity Loan or Line of Credit.
- Mattress: Experts say Look for Memorial Day sales to find a great deal on a mattress. Mattresses also go on sale ahead of Labor Day in September as well as in February.
- Gym Memberships: With the weather improving, many gyms offer great deals on memberships, so be sure to jump on these sales when they happen.
Grab Hot Deals in June
- Gas Grill: With the warmer weather and Father’s Day in June, gas grills go on sale this month.
- Father’s Day Sales: Restaurant dinners, tools and paint go on sale in June, so buy more for Dad, for less.
- Technology: June is Japan’s end of fiscal year, which brings prices down on other technology like digital cameras or TVs. If you didn’t take advantage of electronics sales in January, June is going to be your next best bet.
- Exercise Equipment: Ellipticals, treadmills and summer sports gear go on sale during this summer month.
- Tropical Vacations: With the onset of hurricane season, June can be a great month to grab deals on tropical destinations. Just be sure to closely monitor the weather forecast and buy trip insurance.
What to Buy In July
- Home Improvement: Buy home supplies like decking, exterior/interior paint, siding, outdoor grills and more in July while the temperatures are high and the prices are low.
- Refrigerators and Appliances: July is a month that appliances like washing machines, dryers, stoves and other household appliances are marked down.
- Amazon Prime Day: Amazon’s annual “Christmas in July” (aka Amazon Prime Day) sale can help you find great deals on a variety of products. Many other retailers also have similar mid-year deals.
- Summer Clothes: Summer is almost over, which makes July a great time to find a deal on summer apparel for this year or next.
- Jewelry: Summer is a slow season for jewelry, so many retailers offer deep discounts on rings, necklaces, bracelets and more.
Educate Yourself on August Deals
- Back-to-School Supplies: Ohio holds an annual tax free weekend one weekend each August. Clothing priced under $75 and school supplies or instructional materials priced under $20 are all tax-exempt during this weekend. Visit the Ohio Department of Taxation’s Sales Tax Holiday webpage for more details.
- Indoor and Outdoor Appliances: Summer and winter appliances including AC, dehumidifiers, snow blowers and more are on sale during the dog days of summer.
- Grills: Grilling season is almost over, which makes this a great month to find a deal on an outdoor grill if you didn’t take advantage of the deals earlier in the year.
- Outdoor Furniture: With summer winding down, August makes this the best time to buy patio furniture.
See These September Discounts
- Patio Furniture: Score deep discounts on outdoor furniture now that the prime season is over. You can also take advantage of deals on barbeque grills in September.
- Apple Products: The new models come out in the next two months, so this month is good for upgrading your Mac computer, iPhone, and iPad.
- New Cars: September is a great time to buy a car, as dealers make room for the new models. If you’re in the market for a new or used car, check out our auto loan rates.
- Flights: September is the best time to score airline tickets for less, especially if you have holiday travel plans.
- Mattresses: If you didn’t purchase that new mattress yet, take advantage of Labor Day deals on mattresses.
Hauntingly Good October Deals
- Lawnmowers: Mowing season is ending which makes this a great time to get a deal on a lawnmower.
- Technology: Digital cameras, printers, desktop computers and laptops are on sale during the fall season.
- Jeans: Need a new pair of jeans? Find great deals in October on leftover denim from back-to-school sales.
- Department Store Items: Department stores slash prices in October for Columbus Day, so enjoy deals on apparel, home goods and more from your favorite department stores. Be sure not to spend too much however, because Black Friday is just around the corner in November.
Be Thankful for These November Deals
- Baby Products: This is a good time to find discounts on baby supplies.
- Large Home Appliances: Large appliances like a refrigerator are on sale in November, so if you need to invest in a big-ticket item like this, November is the time.
- TVs & Gadgets: Shop on Black Friday or Cyber Monday to get deep discounts on tech and gadgets including TVs, laptops, game consoles and more.
- Wedding Dresses: If wedding bells are in your future, many bridal retailers offer great deals on wedding dresses in November to make way for the newest styles. Often these deals extend through December too.
- Cars: Don’t get taken for a ride. Shop for a car towards the end of the month or quarter when sales teams are trying to hit their sales goals. November is a particularly appropriate time to buy a car because dealers need to clean out inventory. When you’re ready to finance your new ride, Premier Bank can help you get on the road with our vehicle loans.
- Electronics: Holiday sales make for deep discounts on headphones, TVs, tablets, Blue-ray players and so much more. If you didn’t snag deals earlier in the year and have a techie on your holiday list, December is the time to buy.
- Gift Cards: Not sure what to buy for the holidays? Gift cards are always appreciated, and December is a great month to take advantage of discounts on them.
- Homes: If you are looking to buy your first home or upgrade your existing one, December is a good time to find a deal on a home as it is the slow season. Check Premier Bank’s mortgage options and use our interactive home shopping tool to compare houses.
- Holiday Decorations: Right after the holidays is the best time to pick up new holiday decorations for next year.
- Golf Clubs: December is a great month to tee up savings on golf clubs since new products come out in the new year.