If you know or suspect that your personal information has been compromised, act immediately to safeguard your finances and protect against extensive damage from identity theft. This step-by-step guide is helpful for resolving any issues related to fraudulent activity.
Instant Action Required
- Contact Premier Bank: Call 877-367-8178 or visit one of our branches
- Place a Fraud Alert on Your Credit File: Visit annualcreditreport.com or call 877-322-8228
- Close Suspicious Accounts: If you see tampering on an account or an account opened fraudulently in your name, close it immediately.
- File a Police Report: This helps authorities track repeat offenders. Credit agencies may ask for a copy of the police report.
- File a Complaint: Contact the Federal Trade Commission, which maintains a database of identity theft cases and problems other victims experience.