Last modified: June 2, 2023Your Privacy
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website yourpremierbank.com (our "Website") or when you use our digital banking services such as online banking or our mobile banking application. This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and sharing that information among Premier Bank companies or with select other parties. We will also tell you how to exercise your personal information sharing and use choices.
View or Print the Premier Bank Privacy Notice: What Does Premier Bank Do With Your Personal Information? (our “Privacy Notice”).
Data Security Measures
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You are also fully responsible for securing and maintaining appropriate access controls to your computer and mobile devices and utilizing security measures such as passwords, touch ID, or facial recognition.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or through our digital banking services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or in our digital banking services.
Data Retention and Destruction
Premier Bank retains personal information as long as necessary to provide the products and services for which the information was collected, to process and maintain a record of transactions, and as long as necessary for legal process or to satisfy government retention requirements.
We use tools such as cookies and other automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, and browsing actions and patterns as you interact with our Website and digital banking services. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Flash cookies are similar to browser cookies in what they collect and how they are used. However, Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies and instead must be cleared through Adobe Flash Player settings. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the section titled "Your Choices About Your Information" below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs). These web beacons collect anonymous information about how a user navigates our Website, such as the number of clicks to specific pages or links, and for other related website statistics, such as how users respond or access the content on the Website (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The information gathered through these means when visiting our Website is only statistical. The information is anonymous and does not include personal information. These same technologies may be used when you use our secure online banking application, in which case we may tie information collected by use of these technologies to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and our digital banking services to you.
- To determine your financial interests and needs and to provide you with information about financial products and services that you request from us or that we think may be of interest to you.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including to approve you for financial products and services you request.
- To process your transactions and to carry out our obligations to you
- To verify your identity and employ certain fraud prevention tools
- With our Premier Bank family of companies (affiliates).
- With third parties we use to support our business or with whom we have agreed to jointly market to you, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep our customers’ personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. See our Privacy Notice for greater detail.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Premier Bank's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Premier Bank about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or subpoena or other legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Premier Bank, our customers, or others, such as when we suspect fraud or for risk management purposes.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
Premier Bank shares your personal information within its family of companies (affiliates) and with select third parties in accordance with the terms described in our Privacy Notice. The notice also provides a toll free number for you to limit certain sharing. Additional information is provided under the sections "Tracking Online Activities and Behavioral Advertising" and "Your Choices About Your Information."
We may share your personal information:
- Information you provide when you log in, complete applications, or use our digital banking products and services, including transaction and financial information. See our Privacy Notice for more information about what personal data is collected and why.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or through our digital banking services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our digital banking services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- Information in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website or in the digital banking services.
- Information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance.
- Details of your visits to our Website and use of our digital banking services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website and in our digital banking services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Your location when using your device or accessing the digital banking applications, if you allow location access. Location data collected from your mobile device when you ask for the location of the nearest branch or ATM is personally identifiable when obtained through the digital banking application.
- Your contacts for purposes of completing person-to-person payments (e.g. through Zelle), if you give your permission.
- Information collected through your use of our digital banking services applications you download from this Website or an application store, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and Premier Bank.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Personal information refers to any information about you that is personally identifiable to you. Your telephone number, name, address, and transaction history are examples of information that pertain to you personally.
Data generally refers to other information that we collect through your internet or digital banking activities or which third parties may collect on our behalf. Such data may or may not be personally identifiable to you, and includes information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or digital banking services, and usage details.
Information We Collect About You
The information we collect about you on or through our Website and through your use of our digital banking services may include:
Information Provided by Third Parties
We also obtain personal information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and others to tailor our products and services for your specific needs.
Our Website is not intended for children. Children may not provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Website or our digital banking services to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of Website or the digital banking services may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers from Us. You may not opt out of receiving promotional offers from us or from other companies with whom we have agreed to jointly market products and services to you. If you don’t wish to have your contact information used to promote our affiliates’ products or services, you can opt out by calling us at 1-877-367-8178 during the times and hours posted on our Website under “Customer Service." If we have sent you a promotional email, you may UNSUBSCRIBE by following the instructions in the mail. We do not share your personal information with any unaffiliated third parties for them to market their products and services to you.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Your Choices For Accessing and Correcting Your Information
We may provide access to information, products or services of third parties through hyperlinks to a third party’s site. You will be alerted that you are leaving the Premier Bank Website or application when you click on these links. We are not responsible for the content, functioning, or security of these third party sites and are not liable for any damages that may result from you accessing these sites or using the products or services of the third parties. You should review the privacy policies and security practices for any third party site you visit.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). This information may be used to send you targeted advertising for Premier Bank products or services, or third party products or services based on your on activity on or through our Website
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the section titled "Your Choices About Your Information" below.