Welcome Home Savings Bank Customers
Home Savings Bank and First Federal Bank of the Midwest have joined under our new name, Premier Bank. During this merger, we know that it is more important than ever for us to be here, to help make your day easier, your business stronger and our communities greater. You’ll work with the same banking professionals, and you’ll have even more resources, convenience, value and services to draw upon. Read more about our merger and what it means for business owners we serve.
Download the Home Savings Bank Welcome Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
- There will be no changes to account numbers for personal or business checking, savings, money market or CD accounts, unless you are one of the few notified separately.
- Some loan account numbers may be modified. You’ll be notified separately if your number is changing.
- Continue to use your existing supply of checks and deposit slips until they run out. The next time you reorder checks through the bank on or after July 13, they’ll be updated with the Premier Bank name.
- If you order checks from another source, please download the Premier-Bank-Check-Spec-Sheet.
- If you currently have a Home Savings ATM Card, Visa Debit Card or Visa Business Debit Card, you’ll be mailed a new Premier Bank MasterCard® Debit Card to replace your current card before July 3.
- You can activate your card once it’s received using the instructions included with your card.
- You will receive a separate mailing with a new Personal Identification Number (PIN) a few days before you receive your new card. You can change your PIN to your own personal number at any Premier Bank ATM, or call us at 1.888.822.4751, Option 2, after July 13.
- On Monday morning, July 13, as of 7:30 am ET, you can begin using your new Premier Bank card. Your current card will no longer work at 3:00 am ET that morning.
ACTION: If you currently use your Debit Card or Business Debit Card to make ongoing automated payments, such as fitness club or cell phone payments, you will need to give the merchant your new Premier Bank card number and expiration date after July 13.
We’re also part of the MoneyPass® network of ATMs, which means you’ll continue to have access to more than 32,000 surcharge-free ATMs, across town and around the country. Visit yourpremierbank.com or download the MoneyPass app to find locations near you.
- If you have Social Security, payroll or other funds direct deposited electronically into your account, these deposits will continue without interruption.
- If you have automated payments or transfers set up for your loan or deposit accounts, these will continue without interruption with the following exception:
ACTION: Any automated payments set up through your Debit Card will need to be updated after July 13 so that the merchant has the new card number and expiration date.
- You will be mailed a final account statement from Home Savings listing all activity up to July 10. This statement will be mailed to you even if you are currently enrolled in E-statements.
- Your first statement from Premier Bank will include all activity beginning July 11 to approximately your statement cycle date with the following exception. If you are a checking or savings account holder with a statement cycle date between July 11 and July 19, your first Premier Bank statement will be sent at your normal time in August. It will include all activity for the extended period.
ACTION: If you currently receive E-statements, you will need to re-enroll as of July 13 at yourpremierbank.com. Otherwise, you will receive paper statements.
- Enroll in free E-statements and avoid a $3 paper statement fee for some personal checking accounts and a $5 fee for some business checking accounts per statement cycle.
- Check images can be viewed online.
Monthly service charges, including paper statement fees for accounts converting to Simple Checking, Student Banking and Relationship Checking, and the monthly service charge for Statement Savings will be waived for your first two statement cycles following July 13. This will give you time to get acquainted with how your new account works and determine if it’s the right one for you. If you want to discuss other account options, just visit your local branch or give us a call.
Savings or checking account transfer
If you currently have overdraft coverage for your checking account through a second checking account or a savings account, transfers will continue to be made from these accounts if you write a check for more than your checking account balance. Funds will be transferred in increments of $50 towards the amount of the overdraft.
Overdraft line of credit
If you currently have an overdraft line of credit set up, this service will convert automatically and work the same way as it now does.
Extended overdraft protection
This coverage will now be based on your account type. Please refer to the enclosed Disclosure booklet for more information.
Continue to use your current Home Savings Bank credit card after the transition to Premier Bank. You will receive additional information about future card reissue.
Your safe deposit box will remain the same. Please refer to the Retail Fee Schedule included in the enclosed Disclosure booklet for any changes in fees that may occur upon your next renewal date. Your renewal notice will be sent 21 days before the yearly rental date, same day as the due date of your annual payment.
Your deposits will continue to be insured by the FDIC up to the maximum allowed by law. For more information, please visit www.fdic.gov/deposit.
Please notify parties who send wires to your account of the following new routing information:
Incoming domestic wires
Routing Number: 241270851
Customer Account Number
Incoming international wires
A future communication will explain upcoming changes to international wires.
Have Additional Questions? We're here to help.
We’re taking great care to make this transition easy for our business clients. We’ve minimized changes to accounts and services, and worked to bring you added convenience and value whenever possible. This merger will deliver more value for your business.
- Commercial lending with a larger lending capacity
- Custom commercial solutions tailored to your company’s needs
- Expanded Treasury Management services
- Read more on our special Business page