From phone calls, robocalls and text messages, scams over the phone are one of the top ways fraudsters swindle Americans with over 1.7 million incidents reported for 2019. In fact, the FTC reported that Ohioans lost over $32.3 million from fraud in 2019. Premier Bank wants to arm you with the knowledge on how to avoid common scams and what to do if you become a victim.
Some of the Top Phone Scams in Ohio, Michigan and Indiana include:
Premier Bank uses the latest technology to protect and monitor against fraud. If we suspect fraud on your debit card or business credit card, we will alert you in a timely matter.
Here are a few ways you can add an additional layer of protection:
- Enroll in Online Banking and download our app to review your transactions regularly and identify withdrawals you didn’t make.
- Use Card Controls to limit debit card use by access by location, merchant category and transaction type.
- Should you temporarily misplace your debit card, turn your card on and off within the Premier Bank app with Card Controls.
- Add your debit card to your mobile wallets for a more secure transaction at your favorite retailers.
- Review other helpful tips and tricks on the Premier Bank blog.
If you suspect you have become a victim of fraud, call 877-367-8178 or visit any branch and follow these five steps to resolving fraud. You can also file complaints by visiting the Federal Trade Commission, which maintains a database of identity theft cases and problems other victim’s experience.